Mission Processing Unit Software Lead
Sterling Heights, MI US
Candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire.
Responsibilities to Anticipate for this role:
- Lead the Mission Processing Unit (MPU) software team across vehicle platform.
- Provide assignments to MPU team.
- Mentor MPU development team.
- Pull together MPU software releases (integrate individual changes and create release requests)
- Provide overall status on MPU efforts to respective software project leads.
- Develop MPU software including power control, diagnostics, coordination across other software items, and states and modes.
- Perform software requirements analysis.
- Develop software preliminary and detail design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Develop code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software.
- Perform hardware/software integration.
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases.
- Develop and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Prepare status reports to management and support design/code reviews.
- Interface with other departments and business units, including Systems Engineering and Quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required
Additional Information / Desired Experience:
- Previous experience working in the defense industry desired,
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills is required.
- Works well in team and individually.
Bachelor' s degree in Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering or related discipline plus 7 years plus in a related role.
Candidate must be able to obtain a SECRET Security Clearance within reasonable time of hire. All applicants selected will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, US citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.