Principal Software Engineer
CPI is hiring a Principal Software Engineer on a contract-to-possible-hire basis for our large defense industry client in Pittsburgh, PA. Department of Defense Top Secret security clearance is preferred at the time of hire or obtainable within a reasonable time period. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Education requirement are verified.
As a Principle Software Engineer, you will:
- Work on the hardest technical problems facing the company, often these problems are unusually complex and require the utmost creativity and innovation
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into software solutions utilizing whatever development lifecycle techniques or model will yield the optimal results
- Research and analyze data, such as customer design proposals, market trends, state of technology and industry, specifications and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert in internal review of software components and systems
- Work on advanced applications that may result in new business and revenues for the company
- Serve as a technical spokesperson to senior management and customers on projects and applications
Candidates should have demonstrated strengths and experience in the following areas:
- User Interface development
- Computer science theory (e.G., data structures, algorithms, computational complexity)
- Appreciation for user-centric design
- Full use and understanding of software engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Effective communication and attention to detail
- Deep exposure to Unix/Linux systems as well as Windows
- Strong fundamentals in data structures and algorithms
- Solid object oriented programming and software design skills
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.