Project Vehicle Electrical Engineer
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Position is more design review, less project management although PM skills desired since candidate will be making sure all drawing components are being completed accurately. Will not be performing Creo work, but ability to do so or familiarity with 3D system helpful. Must have good communication and organizational skills.
Responsible for electrical engineering project(s), including communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems within a vehicle platform engineering team. This includes the supervision and/or coordination of teams of engineers and designers. The position will also direct high level engineering analysis of new and modified components and subsystems in accordance with engineering standards and project scope to ensure that designs meet customer requirements, corporate objectives, are safe, and can be manufactured.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Evaluate the engineering analysis used to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
2. Create and maintain project documentation for project planning, requirements analysis / compliance, risk management, issues, management, status reporting, project communication, and quality assurance
3. Evaluate the design and integration of Vetronics and communication, computer and networking (C4ISR) systems into military ground vehicles against both internal and external requirements
4. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
5. Communicate project objectives to team members
6. Manages project scope, cost, timeline and risk management and establish priorities for work delegated to others
7. Prepare technical reports, presentations, proposals and quotations
8. Provide leadership to a technical staff to ensure program success. Assure designs meet customer requirements, statutory requirements, and corporate objectives
9. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
10. Evaluate designs for performance, safety and reliability
11. Coordinate and manage internal and external resources to accomplish program objectives, including change management
12. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company' s mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
13. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
14. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
15. Provide guidance to team members to ensure the appropriate engineering analysis is performed and documented
16. Provide management/leadership to technical staff including resource planning, scheduling, and administration to ensure program success
17. Participate in the budgeting process to include recommending capital improvements and preparing justification data as required
• Bachelor' s of Science in Electrical Engineering
• 5-plus years related experience
• CSEP certification or Systems Engineering experience
• PMP certification
• Possess a strong electrical, computers and in-vehicle data network
• Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Experience with a high level CAD and Pro-E systems
Ability to obtain a US Military Secret security clearance if hired directly
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."