This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
The Systems Developer will enhance business capability through analyzing, designing, and implementing information systems while providing top level information system support with regard to day-to-day business information system activity. This role will work with other team members (Developers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and Business Representatives) to build new applications and solutions effectively. Ensuring functional designs are stable, reliable and scalable for the information technology systems. The role is also responsible for verifying production applications are operating at optimal levels through the quality application delivery; and quickly and accurately correcting production issues as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
• Design, run, and monitor software performance tests on new and existing programs to correct errors, isolate areas for improvement, and debug issues.
• Responsible for translating user story requirements into applications.
• Responsible for reading user stories and judging them for completeness and assigning effort levels to the story.
• Troubleshoot technical issues and identify resolution.
• Provide technical support to the HelpDesk in regards to issue status and resolution, maintaining incidents and problems within ServiceNow, and communicate work status and escalation of any technical issues.
• Test, implement, and document projects with direction and assistance from others.
• Develop software based on software design principles and functional specifications provided.
• Learn, understand, and practice Agile project methodology.
• Bachelor' s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in Software Development, Information Technology, or in a related area.
• Understanding of object-oriented programming and software development.
• Experience in information system implementation or change efforts.
• Experience working with software design principals.
• Ability to develop based on provided functional specifications.
• Computer analytic and problem solving skills.
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to communicate with internal/external entities.
• Experience and proficiency with various web-based software applications including Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, etc.
• Familiarity with a Agile project methodology.
• Experience working with applicable programming languages, operating systems, and software.
Experience with WPF, .Net, and desktop applications is required
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."