Abrams .NET Instructor - SCA
Killeen, TX US
- Responsibilities include a daily and weekly report to the supervisor on every training action by team members
- Implement technical product training programs, for field support personnel and customers/clients, for the Abrams Family of Vehicles
- Provide input and support to program planning, schedules, lesson plans, program instructions and maintenance techniques for the development and execution of the assigned Abrams unit maintenance tasks.
- Prepare and present classes on operator tasks and requirements that encompass all four operator stations and live fire on the Abrams Tank.
- A solid understanding and knowledge of Abrams operational concepts and systems knowledge. Assist in administering performance examination and evaluation of students.
- 3-5 years of related work experience required instructor/training experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Prior military or GDLS operation instructions, lesson plan/POI development and execution of NET and field support actions are preferred
- Strong Abrams Tank Advanced experience, instructor qualification/master gunner preferred
- Must pass the US Government Platform certification
- Must be a US person
- Ability to effectively communicate (both verbally a& written) and interact with internal & external customers/clients
- Must have overall understanding of customer contacts and relationships
- Ability to operate in a team and cross- functional environment
- Efficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
- Ability to learn GDLS processes, products, and military technology
- Ability to contribute in the problem solving process
- Must be able to meet the anthropometric size restriction (ASR) in the Standard Practice 2-644
- Must be able to travel as required to support GDLS Ft. Hood maintenance, fielding and retrofit activities for both State-side and International GDLS requirements.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 15, Phoenix 11, and Kingston 8. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.