Adv. Mechanical Design Engineer
Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
An active DoD Secret Security Clearance is preferred at the time of hire. All applications must be able to obtain a Secret clearance within 24 months of hire. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the work performed within our client's facility, U.S. Citizenship is required.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- In this role you will perform design, development and engineering change in areas such as cabinets, consoles, electronic enclosures, sensors and integration of Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) electronic equipment.
- Deliver innovative, flexible, integrated solutions to meet customer's changing business needs
- Support engineering design changes
- Lead development of strategic tasks or small to mid-size projects by applying engineering and organizational knowledge and expertise to achieve technical goals
- Provide technical input to Project or Engineering Management in linking project-related strategy to achieve business goals
- Understands and interprets the technical, organizational and process aspects of the task assigned and can relate them to the technical needs of the overall project or organization
- Plans and executes small to mid-size projects or task elements within larger projects, organizations, or for groups of projects
- Responsible for the completion of assigned engineering tasks or mid-size projects within budgetary and scheduling guidelines
- Actively uncovers technical and organizational risks and ensures they are included in risk mitigation plans
- Participates in development of program strategies and teaming strategies as they relate to the assigned project
- Participates in the development of executable project plans on proposals
- Mentors lower labor grades in mechanical principles and project performance
- Creative, innovative responsibilities requiring advanced decision-making skills
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Carries out other tasks, not listed, assigned by supervisor
- ***Travel may be required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Candidates shall be able to demonstrate prior experience in the following areas: PTC ProEngineer Creo, AutoCAD, ANSYS (or similar) FEA and Adobe Pro software, engineering change, engineering drawings and the ability to organize, plan, track and execute on multiple tasks.
- Must be proficient with PTC ProEngineer Creo solid modeling CAD tool to create mechanical models and accompanying drawings
- Grasps and applies new information quickly
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction
- Proficient knowledge with technical standards, manufacturing/fabrication methods, government/industry standards
- Demonstrates proficiency in writing technical papers and proposals
- Leads problem-solving of small to medium scope. Reports status to IPT lead or program lead. Approaches risk positively and proactively. Identifies and raises risks to IPT and supports the mitigation of them.
- The Advanced Mechanical Engineer is expected to be fully proficient and able to perform all responsibilities associated with the position. The successful candidate should demonstrate initiative on assignments and be capable of professionally executing projects with little direction. Works more complex tasks with some level of supervision.
- The successful candidate shall demonstrate awareness of tasking responsibilities and has provided estimates of efforts to IPT lead for planning. Holds self and others accountable for delivering quality products and services within budget and schedule. Starts to manage conflict effectively by winning the cooperation, support and confidence of others through consistently trustworthy actions.
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate will have experience working closely with manufacturing to identify and provide solutions to design problems. This should include prior experience with producing or with altering formal engineering documentation of the design, problem report development and change request generation.
- Previous experience with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (G.D.&T.) experience is a plus. Previous experience with fastener strength calculations is also a plus.
- Knowledge in these software tools: PTC Creo Pro/Engineer, PDMLink Account, Capital Harness Systems (CHS), CHS Account, AutoCAD LT 2018
- The ideal candidate will have prior experience working on a fast-paced program.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.