Advanced ASIC/FPGA Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor's degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. Education requirements will be verified.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Responsible for definition, design, verification and documentation for ASIC (Application Specific Integrated Circuit) and/or FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) developments
- Determines architecture, system simulation and detailed design approach
- Defines module interfaces and all aspects of devise design and simulation
- Evaluates the process flow including but not limited to high level design, synthesis, place and route, timing and power utilization
- Creates test and simulation plans that establish functional criteria
- Verifies test results and analyzes performance
- May also review vendor capabilities, foundry technologies, device libraries and simulation tools
- Participates in the improvement of the ASIC/FPGA organizational processes
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the ASIC/FPGA development life cycle
- Contributes to the research and analysis of data, such as customer design proposal specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application
- Selects components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability.
- Proficient use and understanding of ASIC/FPGA engineering concepts, principles, and theories.
- Proficient in the principles and techniques of ASIC/FPGA design
- Proficient understanding of ASIC/FPGA processes
- Proficient knowledge of other related disciplines
- Proficient awareness of business objectives and Engineering's role in achieving
- Proficient in ASIC/FPGA design tools
- Proficient skill in communicating issues, impacts, and corrective actions
- Proficient ability to recognize and clearly report information relevant to sound ASIC/FPGA design.
- Works under limited direction.
Meet Your Recruiter
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.