Advanced Embedded Software Safety Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
- Applies knowledge, methodologies, and principles of safety engineering Such as MIL-STD-882E, Software Safety engineering as defined in the Joint Software System Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH) and/or Automotive ISO26262.
- Reviews product systems associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishes safety requirements for assigned systems.
- Independently analyzes and recommends safety criteria in system design, equipment, and procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
- Develops requirements and designs, assess implementations for hazard and causal factors to satisfy critical system safety objectives.
- Develops and evaluates systems, associated support equipment and facilities, networks, and information systems to ensure designs meet applicable safety specifications and standards.
- Collaborate with various design teams in the execution of various MIL-STD-882E and/or ISO26262 standard hazard analyses.
- Applies engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, design, test, or evaluate military systems.
- Reviews and prepares engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation for system safety and in support of Airworthiness Certification IAW MIL-HDBK-516.
- Reviews Software architecture, Software Designs, requirements, and interface artifacts for safety on complex hardware/ software systems.
- Reviews Test Plans and Procedures for safety requirements verification and potential hazardous operations.
- Ability to apply system safety engineering principles in accordance with MIL-STD-882 and ISO 26262 and analyses such as preliminary hazard analyses, function/system/subsystem hazard analyses, fault tree analyses, software system safety analyses and safety assessment reports.
- Familiar with requirements development, system/software architecture, hardware/software design, software code implementation, test, verification, and validation•Demonstrated ability to develop, review, update and approve system safety artifacts and system safety requirements.
- Perform hardware/ software safety analysis.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of leadership and customers and work independently.
- Experience developing of C/C++ embedded software artifacts.
- Experience with model-based software development techniques.
- Bachelor of Science degree in: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering. Other engineering/science degrees will be considered with relevant experiences.
- 7 years of experience Software Safety for embedded software using MIL STD 882E, ISO 26262 or equivalent standards.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, recommend, and drive safety into system design, equipment, and procedures in order to mitigate or eliminate hazards.
- 2 years of experience developing software in C/C++.
- Advanced Degree in: Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering. Other engineering/science degrees will be considered with relevant experiences.
- Familiarity with requirements tools such as Cameo, CPLM, Safety and Reliability tools such as PTC Windchill Quality Solutions, Agile software tools, JIRA, Confluence, MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow.
- Experience working in a scaled Agile organization.
- Working knowledge of embedded software test development, and Software systems integration engineering.
- Experience in Mechanical, Electrical and Software Integration.
- System Safety Experience.
- Experience in Defense development desired.
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 15, Phoenix 11, and Kingston 8. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.