Advanced Engineering Technician
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Supports engineering activities such as design, check-out, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems, experimental design circuit/light transmission devices or specialized test equipment
- May provide direction to other employees with similar duties
- Contacts are frequent with individuals representing other departments, and/or representing outside organizations
- Performs a variety of equipment/process operations involving an application or technical skills in a specific area (electrical, software, manufacturing, etc.)
- Interprets basic engineering drawings, diagrams and schematics
- Constructs, modifies, debugs, troubleshoots, calibrates, tests and adjusts a variety of tools, equipment and systems
- Conducts, analyzes and documents statistically based experiments to define process parameters
- Organizes, analyzes and interprets data to identify cause/effect relationships and recommends resolution/process improvement
- Implements and documents complex solutions for process improvement
- Design and construct basic tooling and fixtures to accomplish unique tasks
- Perform complex troubleshooting to the component level
- Works with Engineering and Operations Support
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions
- Handles unexpected demands and adapts to new situations
- Performs operational test and fault isolation on systems and equipment
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions
- Assists in the design, construction, test and check-out of test equipment
- Uses manufacturing, test, development or diagnostic equipment, including, but not limited to, test programs, oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus
- Analyzes results and implements procedures for problems
- May develop test specifications and procedures
- May prepare reports, documentation/specifications as required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Associates degree in related discipline or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
- Must possess a solid understanding of the job responsibilities and be able to apply the knowledge and skill to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Work on assignments that are moderately difficult, requiring judgment in resolving issues or in making recommendations
- Decision-making but with limited financial implications to the company.
- Focus is on completing tasks or activities supporting implementation of procedures
- Normally receives little instruction on daily work with only general instructions on newly introduced assignments
- Shows initiative in job assignment
- Solid knowledge of generally accepted technical theory
- Solid knowledge and proficiency in the use of fabrication tools
- Ability to fabricate complex hardware
- Ability to use computers and software applications to assist in job execution
- Influential with others and demonstrates superior communication and collaborative skills consistent with expectations for position.
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.