Advanced Quality Technician (2nd Shift)
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Associates Degree in a related field or the equivalent is required. In addition, a minimum of 3 years of directly related experience is required. Education requirements will be verified.
J-STD_001, 002, IPC 610, MIL-STD-883, MIL-STD-750 and X-Ray qualification certifications may be required
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Program and run a CMM utilizing PC DMIS software to measure assemblies and parts.
- Program and run a SmartScope Flash 500 to measure assemblies and parts
- Determines requirement compliance of mechanical, electro-mechanical and electronic parts and materials through visual inspection, electrical or mechanical screening and physical measurements
- Works directly with project engineering and QA to develop part screening requirements
- Writes programs for automated inspection systems
- Reviews data including: supplier part data, final data packages, external screening results, etc.
- Assists in first article and first piece inspection (Mechanical Tech only)
- Performs open set-up mechanical inspections.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Competent with running and programming PC DMIS
- Competent with GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing)
- Competent with running and programming ZONE3 software
- Solid knowledge of military and industry test methods and standards
- Skilled in operation of coordinate measuring machines
- Skilled in general computer operation understanding (MS Word, Excel) and automated test system operation and parts handlers.
- Solid knowledge of safe handling of ESD devices.