Assistant Controller- Direct Hire
• Support the Controller in all their financial reporting and analysis needs
• Pull together financial data for the Controller to analyze
• Assist in the development of pricing strategies
• Prepare financial statements and related reports such as balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, budgets, variance analysis, etcetera
• Assist in the preparation of tax reports, internal control documentation, and other internal and external reports as required
• Support monthly, quarterly and annual balancing of books and monthly account reviews; prepare and present monthly financial statements
• Promote inventory accuracy via monitoring of cycle count program, bill of materials, etc.
• Support annual independent audit and preparation of annual tax documents
• Assist in the developing financial plans and forecasts
• Aid with company strategic planning
• Support the budget preparation process
• Provide cost estimating for new and existing products and product options
• Assist with the development of overhead and labor standards
• Verify all Sarbanes-Oxley and other compliance requirements are implemented
• Assist with special projects, as requested
• Other tasks as assigned
• Bachelor' s degree in Accounting; minimum of two years accounting experience, primarily in manufacturing; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Understanding of the fundamentals of applicable Government procurement regulatory requirements that affect accounting systems preferred
• Knowledge of forecasting and financial reports
• Knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation, and scientific method
• Strong and consistent attention to detail
• Willing to improve self / area / company (including pursing additional training, if needed)
• Self-motivated with the ability to stay on task
• Innovative team player
• Intermediate computer skills are required
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Commitment to excellence and high standards
• Sound judgment with the ability to make timely decisions
• Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Able to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
• Versatile, flexible, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
o Communication skills, verbal and written
o Interpersonal skills
o Organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.