Associate II Data Analyst
Sterling Heights, MI US
GDLS is seeking a motivated Data Scientist to support the GDLS Reliability Analytics team in support of developing tools and analysis of GDLS vehicle performance degrading drivers.
We are looking for an individual who has fundamental data analytics skills, works pragmatically in a dynamic environment with supervision, and enjoys getting stuff done. This position will interface directly with both internal and external customers.
The selected candidate will function as a data scientist supporting a team through the development of machine learning algorithms and automated tooling. Candidate will also aid in the development and maintenance of user interfaces with predictive analytics capabilities. The successful candidate will research, develop, validate, and document complex data relationships in a data warehouse environment. The candidate will utilize all parts of the data analysis pipeline, such as data collection, cleaning, analysis, visualization, and presentation to deliver critical insights to internal and external customers.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Develop statistical and machine learning models for predicting and forecasting field failures.
- Use predictive modeling to optimize customer supportability requirements and manufacturing revenue generation.
- Develop business matrices and dashboards that portray the data and models to someone with a minimum technical background.
- Work cross-functionally with the cloud data infrastructure, IT, and other data stakeholders to drive implementation of data interfaces.
- Develop strong partnerships with design, service, manufacturing, testing and other engineering teams across the organization to promote a data driven mindset in decision making around product development, design improvements, and servicing strategies.
- Minimum requirement is a Bachelor's degree in one of following: Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Science, Statistics, Data Analytics or an Engineering discipline.
- Experience SQL or any querying language, Data Analytics, Data Science, Data Engineering Technologies, ETL
- Knowledge in software engineering with Python (pandas, numpy, plotly, pyspark, etc.)
- Knowledge of statistical and machine learning concepts, developing predictive models.
- Great analytical skills, and high intellectual horsepower
- Able to acquire USG security clearance.
- Experience with large data systems, such as SQL/T-SQL, Hadoop, Presto, Kafka or Spark Engine (Azure Synapse/Databricks/HDInsight or other distributions)
- Experience working with Azure Storage, Data Lake, Cosmos DB or Data Warehouses
- Power BI and Data Modeling
- Experience working on DevOps (Version Control, CI/CD)
- Experience with Azure, AWS or GCP
What We Offer:
If you are just starting your career or are an experienced professional, we offer a Total Rewards package that is Impactful and built for you.
- Healthcare including medical, dental, vision, HSA and Flex Spending
- Competitive base pay, incentive pay that rewards individual and team performance, and comprehensive benefits.
- 401k Match (6%)
- Educational assistance
- 9-80 Work Schedule (The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.)
- Ongoing learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment
- Onsite Cafeteria, remodeled and updated fitness center, and outdoor fitness track
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.