Associate Mechanical Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI
- Working knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics and shock isolation mechanisms.
- Should be able to select and integrate shock isolation mechanisms to meet specific vehicle of component requirements
- Ability to design articulating, locking or sliding provisions to Human Factors requirements
- Must have strong mathematical and problem solving skills
- Must have CAD software experience in CREO and/or UG NX
- Must have strong communication skills and the ability to interact will all organizational levels
- Able to work with design services to create detailed drawings and provide technical support for concurrent engineering
- Able to support procurement and on site prototype build/integration activities and resolve issue
- Able to read technical drawings and perform tolerance stacks. Working knowledge of GD&T is a plus.
- Able to conduct own FEA ( ANSA, with Nastran and/or LS-DYNA solvers) is a plus
- Required B.S. In a technical discipline Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- Self-starter, highly motivated
- Perform preliminary design and analysis
- Work in an Integrated Product Team environment and be able to communicate across functional organizations
- Trouble shooting vehicle subsystems
- Performing failure analysis & be able to provide technical direction for corrective action solutions
- Write technical reports & modification instructions
- Pro Engineering (Pro E) modeling
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is required
- Must be able to work in office, shop, test lab and test site environments
- Must be able to work overtime if required
- Must be able to travel if required
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Eric is a Technical Recruiter for Contract Professionals, Inc. He supports the defense recruiting team by sourcing candidates, researching new recruiting channels, pre-screening candidates, and coordinating interviews. Eric and his team members strive to assist transitioning military personnel and veterans as they transition into civilian life. Their goal is to help their candidates match military skills and experience with a rewarding career in their areas of expertise.
Eric obtained an Associate of Science in Software Engineering and he has a strong background in information technology.