Associate Structure Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
As a member of this functional engineering team, the Candidate will execute the design and development of assigned detail hardware and/or welded assemblies associated with Hull Structures and peripheral mechanical hardware including hatches, access panels and covers and guards across all vehicle platforms. Achieving this broad function will involve the following activities:
- Operating within cross-functional teams supporting program deliverables related to technical requirements, cost and schedule
- Developing detail hardware concepts using CAD modeling tools and ensuring developed concepts meet all technical requirements
- Collaborating with engineering peers within the project team to ensure developed concepts support a balanced system level approach that achieves the necessary performance requirements
- Collaborating with drafting personnel in maturing design concepts to a production-ready state
- Oversee the release of hardware models and prints
- Provide support to the manufacturing organization in the fabrication and integration of developed hardware onto prototype and/or production platforms
- Provide support, as required, for testing and verification of developed hardware
- Provide support for Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) analysis to resolve identified technical issues with prototype and/or production hardware
- Perform other duties as required.
This is an entry to mid-level engineering position. Successful candidates will meet the following requirements:
- 3+ years of experience developing and releasing technical designs on a vehicle program level is required
- Experience executing designs from paper to physical hardware and overseeing their successful integration at a system level.
- Experience with RCCA methods.
- Must be proficient with CAD modeling techniques.
- Must be proficient with MS Office applications
- Must possess good communication skills
- Must be able to work on-site a minimum of 3 days per week
- Must be able to travel as required
- Must be able to work up to 10% overtime as required
- Experience developing structural hardware including technical familiarity with welding techniques.
- Familiarity with Teamcenter.
- Proficiency with specific CAD software packages, VIS, Siemens NX and/or Creo.
- Bachelor' s degree or higher in Mechanical Engineering
- Must have minimum of 3+ years of experience developing and releasing technical designs on a vehicle program level
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!