This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Responsible for the procurement of goods and services from a class or family of suppliers in direct support of manufacturing operations. Primary contact with suppliers in the areas of supplier performance, engineering change implementation, flow of material, inventory control, and disposition of non-conforming goods.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Spearhead all business conducted with suppliers and coordinate internal actions between supplier and the product.
2. Communicate parts availability issues to appropriate buyer and zone team members.
3. Disposition of non conforming material and communicate non conforming parts issues that affect build to buyer and zone team members.
4. Communicate inventory level set ups to PFEP Specialist.
5. Communicate packaging issues to materials.
6. Communicate pre paint parts issues to materials, buyer and zone team members.
7. Create and present purchasing metrics to management for the zone.
8. Participate in lean events for the zone.
9. Represents purchasing at production related meetings and address supplier delivery issues.
10. Represents purchasing on root cause analysis team to fix material shortages and report on critical items.
11. Ensure smooth cut in of change notices.
12. Support new model introduction into production area.
13. Drive change in supplier shipping and packaging habits.
14. Assist in Kanban implementation to zone for purchased parts.
15. Create spot buy and blanket orders with suppliers.
16. Manage and maintenance MRP message activities.
17. Part number setup files under purchasing control.
18. Create debits memos, and credit memos as needed.
19. Website communication and training with suppliers.
20. Inventory control activities for material stored at suppliers.
21. Shortage updates and critical concern maintenance.
22. Insure the proper flow of material into Oshkosh.
23. Support all procedures for government regulations and public laws.
24. Provide feedback to manufacturing and purchasing management concerning potential problems that could affect manufacturing operations.
" Bachelor's degree in fields of Business, Economics, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Industrial Engineering or related field.
**Manager will consider candidates without a 4-year degree if they have relevant warehouse/purchasing experience.
Must have robust purchasing skills, working independently, great communication skills, working with leadership, diligence and follow-up is crucial.
Experience with manufacturing/mechanical components mfg desired.
Internship experience desired but not required.
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."