C/C++ Linux Kernel Developer
San Antonio, TX
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in software engineering or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience. All education requirements will be verified.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Assists and participates in the research, design, development and testing of software and tools, to include development of new work products or enhancing existing applications, systems or embedded products
- Codes, tests, integrates and documents software solutions
- Participates in internal review of software components and systems
- Receives detailed instructions from immediate supervisor
- Generally works within an identified work group
- Collaborates with project leaders and other professionals within the
- Engineering department
- Builds stable working relationships internally
- Works on problems with defined scope, schedule and expectations
- Follows standard practices and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Environments (IDE), version control, defect reporting and scripting.
- Ability to be creative, innovative and responsible, and able to master good decision-making skills.
- Linux kernel troubleshooting and development experience required.
- Knowledge of the path lookup mechanism in the filesystem layer
- Proficiency in C/C++, Python, Shell Scripting development
- Scrum experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- The ability to work well in a group environment
- Self-motivation to complete tasks with little to no outside assistance
- Travel may be necessary; up to 20%
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.