Certified Scrum Product Owner
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements are verified. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Preparation and Participation in PI Planning
- Participate in program backlog refinement and preparation for PI planning as a member of the extended Product Management team
- Lead the Agile team in updating the team backlog before the planning event, including both feature and story definition
- Participate in the planning event, providing the clarifications necessary to assist the team with their feature and story estimates and sequencing
- Maintain and prioritize the team backlog – with input from System Architect/Engineering and other stakeholders, the PO has the primary responsibility for building, editing, and maintaining the team backlog, consisting of user stories, defects and enablers
- Review and prioritize the backlog for Iteration/Sprint Planning, including coordination of dependencies with other POs
- Lead the generation of Features and Stories with emphasis on complete descriptions the Feature/Story outcome/output and acceptance criteria
- Accept stories at completion. This includes validation that the story meets acceptance criteria and has the appropriate, persistent acceptance tests. The PO also assures a level of quality, focusing primarily on fitness for use.
- Understand the scope of the upcoming enabler work and collaborate with System and Solution Architect/Engineering to assist with decision-making and sequencing of the critical technological infrastructures that will host the business functionality
- Participate in team and system demos
- Participate in team and program retrospectives
- Coordinates dependencies with other teams
- Participate in PO Sync and Agile Release Train (ART) Sync meetings
- Lead the team in determining the content of incremental and feature demos
- Participate in Inspect and Adapt workshops and program level retrospectives
- 5+ years as a development technical lead or Product Owner.
- Telecommunications or satellite program experience.
- Experience with SAFe 4.0 or 4.5
- Product Owner certification (SAFe POPM, Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO))
- Experience performing the Product Owner role for at least two years for a development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices and theory.
- Applicable knowledge of the technologies used by the team.
- Previous experience as a collaborative leader.
Director of IT Business Development
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.