Combat Vehicle Design Engineer
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Job Posting Titles
#1 - Design Engineer - Combat Vehicle -
Job Description Summary
This position will support a project engineer in developing combat vehicle studies. The combat vehicle studies will identify and compare key performance parameters and design characteristics of various families of combat vehicles. This information will support developing necessary combat vehicle design skill sets, design concepts, and inputs into manufacturing processes and tooling.
#2 - Design Engineer - ADAS
Job Description Summary
This position will support a Project Engineer in developing Advanced Driver Assistance (ADAS) and Situational Awareness (SA) systems for clients portfolio of tactical wheeled vehicles. This person will focus on the integration of ADAS and SA systems on TWVs and requires a basic understanding of ADAS camera, radar and human-machine-interface display operation as well as SA day and IR (thermal) camera capabilities that will facilitate the proper integration of subsystem components. This position will work with other core technology teams to develop the integration from concept to prototype installation. This position will require some CREO CAD, Windchill PDM and JDE ERP software capability in order to supervise and direct designer activity.
Perform engineering analysis and design of new and modified components in accordance with engineering standards and project scope.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Researches, studies, and proposes use of new technologies to be used in the development of new and improved products
2. Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
3. Enforce the proper use of engineering criteria and drawing standards. Ensure that technical issues are conducted within the framework of company policies and procedures
4. Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
5. Directs preparation of layouts, drawings, specifications, and bills of material
6. Perform engineering analysis to support the selection of parts, components, and materials that meet requirements
7. Perform job duties in an ethical, professional manner which is consistent with the Oshkosh Way. Conduct duties consistent with the Company's mission statement, quality objectives, and defined policies and procedures
8. Provide technical assistance for prototype, pilot, and production support
9. Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
10. Provide direction to designers and drafters regarding engineering analysis
11. Establishes priorities for work delegated to others
12. Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
o Bachelor's of Science in Engineering
o 6-plus months of related experience or internship experience
o Able to obtain a secret security clearance as required by job duties
o Experience with a high level cad system
o Possess a strong mechanical knowledge of vehicles and related systems
o Strong verbal presentation and written communication skills
o Excellent time management and organizational skills
Eric is a Technical Recruiter for Contract Professionals, Inc. He supports the defense recruiting team by sourcing candidates, researching new recruiting channels, pre-screening candidates, and coordinating interviews. Eric and his team members strive to assist transitioning military personnel and veterans as they transition into civilian life. Their goal is to help their candidates match military skills and experience with a rewarding career in their areas of expertise.
Eric obtained an Associate of Science in Software Engineering and he has a strong background in information technology.