Combat Vehicle Mechanic
Scheduled maintenance: Periodic and preventative manufacturer (in accordance with the IETM) required maintenance to extend the life of the vehicle and/or performing upgrades as mandated during a designated period of time by customer.
Unscheduled maintenance: The emergent, corrective or restorative maintenance requirements not previously planned or programmed but require prompt attention and must be added to, integrated with, or substituted for previously scheduled workloads.
Troubleshooting: Systematically identifying issues and problems within the complex mechanical systems, electronics, computers and software systems within the Stryker family of vehicles.
Meeting safety requirements with OSHA, ANSI and ASME industrial standards, compliance and technical training, administrative duties to meet contract obligations and organizational requirements, adhering to Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) compliance.
Other duties as may be required
- Two to five years mechanic experience -- maintenance on tactical/combat vehicles preferred (- 91B, 91S, 63S, 63W or 63B MCM or USMC MOS' 2147, 3521, 3522, 3524) Experience on Stryker, LAV 2.5 or LAV III desirable.
- Documented commercial training and/or experience acceptable in lieu of military vehicle experience
- Occasional work in confined space within vehicle interior.
- Work in improved and unimproved maintenance facilities as well as field environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and organize/prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must be able to foster and enhance teaming environment
- Working knowledge with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Power Point, Access and Lotus Notes preferred
- Proven ability to perform multiple tasks within multiple work stations.
- Demonstrated good housekeeping skills and ability to convey such practices to team members.
- Ability to work extensive extended hours in a fast paced, challenging, high pressure environment.
- Must be able to gain and maintain access to Joint Base Lewis McChord and other military bases assigned to
- Must meet and maintain ASR guidelines for driver' s station entry as described in Standard Practice 2-644
-Must be a U.S. Person
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Amanda is proud to be a part of the Contract Professionals, Inc. team. Part of her job allows her to assist candidates with finding new career opportunities. However, as a CPI Technical Recruiter, the most rewarding part of her job is helping military veterans, as well as transitioning military personnel; leading them to a career path that utilizes their skills and experiences.
Amanda enjoys photography and all things outdoors. Amanda has played golf for her entire life. Her motto is "Golf is life!" When she was 18 years old, she achieved a hole-in-one on a 249-year par 4.
Amanda's most cherished place in the world is her family’s cabin in Vanderbilt, Michigan.