Communications Systems Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client, a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to their customers. Well-respected, with a global presence, our client consistently offers a powerful and robust portfolio of products, services and solutions that help customers successfully execute their missions in today’ s dynamic environment. With unsurpassed engineering, using an open systems approach, our client solves the nation’ s most complex challenges while foreseeing future needs.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience. Agile experience preferred. All education requirements are verified. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Provides communications system design and analysis for modulation, frequency up/down conversion, Analog/Digital conversion, signal conditioning/filtering, signal multiplexing/combining, error correction coding.
- Develops and analyzes communications link budgets
- Models communications systems components in MatLab
- Provides cost and implementation schedule estimates for communications systems
- Understands implementation of communications system using software based systems
- Provides specifications, requirements, concepts and detailed designs for communications systems
- Provides specific, detailed information for communications systems hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs.
- Creates system level test plans and procedures for testing communications systems
- Defines special test equipment or procedures required for testing complex communications systems
- Evaluates and reports on new communications systems technologies to enhance capabilities of systems.
- Travel may be required.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Is a subject matter expert (SME) in at least one discipline/field and possesses working knowledge in multiple adjacent disciplines/fields.
- Possesses excellent specialized skills or is recognized for expertise in a specialized area of focus
- Excellent ability to develop solutions to highly complex problems that require significant ingenuity, innovation and creativity
- May act as a team leader, thus, contributing to the successful completion of a major program
- Represents organization as prime technical contact on contracts and projects
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives
- Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment
- Ensures solutions are consistent with organization and customer objectives
- Displays excellent leadership skills and critical thinking skills
- May make decisions and develop concepts that have long-lasting influence on the future course of the division, function, or program.
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.