Software Configuration Management Specialist
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s Degree in Business, a technical field or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 8 years related experience is required. Education requirements will be verified.
- Lead or actively participates in efforts to establish and collaborate company wide for the generation of Configuration/Data Management policies, instructions, templates and any other process documentation.
- Creates and collaborates with Program/Engineering Management Team regarding tailoring of Processes and other guiding CDM Practices for the project.
- Defines project CCB hierarchy, structures and thresholds ensuring criteria for each is identified in the project CDM Plan
- Implements and maintains an Engineering Change Notice System, including product improvements, repairs, and new product development
- Participates in tool incentives including investigation of new tools or tool changes, providing guidance for CDM requirements and processes
- Advocate of CDM process and CDM tools and communicates this to CDM staff members
- Defines the organization and project specific change process, including changes flowing from one board to another, form/fit/function, change classification and fast track/full track change criteria
- Reviews issues within programs where compliance is an issue and ensures root cause analysis is performed, reviews the CDM solution
- Attend and provide CDM Inputs at Program Meeting with Customer as required (weekly/monthly).
- Coordinates the interaction between engineering, manufacturing, field operations, and program management to ensure appropriate changes are documented. Schedule, prepare and participates in Program Change Review Boards (CCB' s) between required Quality, PM, Engineering and Customer representative (If required).
- Ensure Configuration Management Best Practices are implemented, documented and auditable in the approval of configuration items.
- Ensures the maintenance of product baselines.
- Provide auditability of all change artifacts as required for ISO, Internal or External Audits or program.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The hiring manager is looking for someone with Clearcase/Clearquest or GIT/Jira experience.
- Strong knowledge of industry practices
- Strong understanding of Software Configuration Management builds practices
- Strong understanding in the management of Third Party Software
- Solid time management skills
- Highly proficient in the use of all MS Office Suite applications
- Highly proficient in the use of Product Data Management (PDM) applications
- Strong experience using Software Configuration Management Applications.
- Considered an expert in all areas of Hardware and Software Configuration Management, Data Management and management of Third Party Software.
- Grasps and applies new information quickly; handles more complex assignments.
Meet Your Recruiter
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.