Configuration Management Specialist
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s Degree in Business, a technical field or equivalent experience plus a minimum of 8 years related experience is required. Education requirements will be verified.
- Lead or actively participates in efforts to establish and collaborate company wide for the generation of Configuration/Data Management policies, instructions, templates and any other process documentation.
- Creates and collaborates with Program/Engineering Management Team regarding tailoring of Processes and other guiding CDM Practices for the project.
- Defines project CCB hierarchy, structures and thresholds ensuring criteria for each is identified in the project CDM Plan
- Implements and maintains an Engineering Change Notice System, including product improvements, repairs, and new product development
- Participates in tool incentives including investigation of new tools or tool changes, providing guidance for CDM requirements and processes
- Advocate of CDM process and CDM tools and communicates this to CDM staff members
- Defines the organization and project specific change process, including changes flowing from one board to another, form/fit/function, change classification and fast track/full track change criteria
- Reviews issues within programs where compliance is an issue and ensures root cause analysis is performed, reviews the CDM solution
- Attend and provide CDM Inputs at Program Meeting with Customer as required (weekly/monthly).
- Coordinates the interaction between engineering, manufacturing, field operations, and program management to ensure appropriate changes are documented. Schedule, prepare and participates in Program Change Review Boards (CCB' s) between required Quality, PM, Engineering and Customer representative (If required).
- Ensure Configuration Management Best Practices are implemented, documented and auditable in the approval of configuration items.
- Ensures the maintenance of product baselines.
- Provide auditability of all change artifacts as required for ISO, Internal or External Audits or program.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong understanding and application of principles, concepts, practices, and standards.
- Strong knowledge of industry practices
- Strong understanding of Software Configuration Management builds practices
- Strong understanding in the management of Third Party Software
- Solid time management skills
- Highly proficient in the use of all MS Office Suite applications
- Highly proficient in the use of Product Data Management (PDM) applications
- Strong experience using Software Configuration Management Applications.
- Considered an expert in all areas of Hardware and Software Configuration Management, Data Management and management of Third Party Software.
- Grasps and applies new information quickly; handles more complex assignments.
- Shows initiative on assignments, exercises independent judgment and professionally executes projects with little direction.
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.