Configuration Specialist I
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Provide technical support for Configuration Management (CM) activities for all client vehicle systems as necessary as required by various government contracts. This is a technical administrative support role. Will be working with many departments to get information to assist with preparing government proposals.
Soft skills needed - good listeners, diligent and can use the systems and tools, gathering information, pass information along and accurately enter it into reports. Interactive communication skills, able to get information.
People who know the business tools work well (SmartTeam, ERP processes, Adobe Acrobat),
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist and participate in the training of new Configuration Management department personnel. No supervision responsibilities are required
2. Understand government contracts with configuration management activities and deliverables
3. Assist in the preparation of contract CDRL requirements for Configuration Management
4. Communicate and work with other groups to coordinate, issue and log control numbers to ensure accurate tracking records, and is the primary person for formal submittals of various Government contractual submittals Class I and II Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs), Configuration Change Documents (CCDs), Request for Deviations (RFDs), Request for Waivers (RFWs) (if applicable), and others as required
5. Prepare, log, monitor, and submit to the Government for classification concurrence if required, all engineering change requests to client vehicle systems classified by the Configuration Manager or Associate Configuration Analyst
6. Verify accuracy of JDE reports to include the BOM' s, gatherings, ' where used', etc
7. Communicate with Government customers on all Configuration Management questions/issues as directed by CM Manager. Log and report all questions/issues to CM Manager
8. Assist in the preparation of Physical Configuration Audit (PCA) Plans. Gather and compile the documentation required for the Physical Configuration Audit (PCA)
9. Understand and comply with the uniform use of department and corporate policies, procedures and standards as relevant to CM and change control referenced in Government contracts
10. Maintain, prepare and submit CM Status Accounting Record Logs electronically through secured Government electronic web base systems 11. Provide CM support with Program Management, Bill Writers, Contract Administration, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Service, Integrated Logistics Support (ILS), Training, and Finance as needed
12. Assist in the planning and scheduling of work activities to help manager prioritize correctly so that assignments are completed and to make the most effective and efficient use of time around changing workloads. Work closely with manager to define work priorities
13. Prepare, review, deliver and track revisions to Technical Data Packages (TDPs) as required by Configuration Management for Government contracts
14. Supply information needed in order to prepare agendas and identify attendees and participate in meetings held relating to Configuration Management with both internal departments and government customers. Submit meeting minutes to CM Manager if required
15. Reviews and track released engineering changes and change data to document activities, including CN Routing Form, to ensure Configuration Management procedures and policies have been followed
16. Perform other duties including administrative duties as required or assigned to ensure contractual deliverables are met and departmental goals are achieved
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS •
Associate' s degree in business, or in a technical field such as design or drafting, or related field and 3-plus years related experience OR
Bachelor' s degree and internship experience
Ability to proactively solve problems & meet established deadlines/contract deliverables •
Strong computer skills required including Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel and PowerPoint •
Fluent with JDE and able to read and understand JDE change reports •
Project Management experience is preferred •
Preferred to be familiar with DoD contracts and government contracting process •
Ability to read and comprehend engineering change notices •
Ability to communicate effectively diplomatically with customers & other departments within the company •
Well organized and able to keep accurate status reports
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."