Cyber Security Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor' s degree in systems engineering, a related specialized area or field (such as Information Systems) is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree. All education requirements will be verified.
- The Cyber Security Engineer will help lead the engineering team in cyber security design efforts, cyber requirements analysis and cyber requirements flow down to the program elements.
- Generates or supports the generation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation for the program
- Executes or supports execution of A&A activities
- Executes the security testing and evaluation to ensure the correct implementation of security requirements
- Executes security scanning and the analysis of the scan results
- Supports the Assessment and mitigation of system security threats and risks throughout the system life cycle
- Proficient understanding of Cyber Security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST Standards, DoDI 8500.2 and SP 800-53, and other government security specifications and guidelines
- Knowledge of security systems such as firewalls, intrusion detection, two factor authentication, etc.
- Proficient knowledge of cyber security technology and trends
- Ability to participate in or lead security work groups
- Knowledge of computer hardware such as laptops, servers, etc.
- System administration experience with Red Hat Linux Operating Systems
- System administration experience with Windows Server, Windows Workstations.
- Bash Scripting.
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.