Sterling Heights, MI
This position demands strongprogramming aspect of database design and analyzing data inquiry needs as well as technical and communication skills required to develop and support a variety of business and production systems.
Candidate must have strong skills in database design, programming/scripting and the ability to plan, analyze, design, test, implement and support software applications and the ability to lead projects. Additionally, this position calls for a creative candidate that possesses out of the box thinking capabilities to develop and coordinate solutions needed to address immediate issues and document all new and updated processes.
Duties include working on integrating multiple databases (data query and reporting), technical support, application user training, answering technical and operations questions, and provide system solution recommendations to solve business or technical issues. The candidate of choice must work in a team environment to support, analyze, and derive requirements and assist in the development of new products and/or improve existing applications.
Work requires all skills listed in position requirements.
In addition, the candidate shall be able to:
• Work with Structured Query Language (SQL)
• Support department’ s computer assets and user software requirements.
• Work with desktop, network and security departments as personnel requirements change.
• Assist in process development and improvement projects, maintain product quality control and adhere to standard practices in product development.
• Evaluate emerging standards, specifications, development tools, and determine impact on current requirements and recommend alternative solutions that add value.
• Work directly with management to identify and address future program needs and gaps.
• Investigate customer inquiries and respond in a timely fashion.
• Update processes or software as necessary.
Bachelor’ s Degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science with a minimum of two years of applicable experience, fewer years required with an advanced degree.
• Knowledge of common Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) such as Oracle, IBM DB2 and Microsoft SQL Server.
• Computer programming and scripting skills including Perl, Visual Basic, Unix shell scripts, SQL Server, PL/SQL, XML, and Java, SGML. Document Type Definitions (DTD), schema and XSLT is a plus.
• Must have iSO, Android and Windows App development experience.
• Knowledge of Windows and Unix operating systems / development environments.
• Must have personal computer skills (competent with MS Office applications).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills required.
• Must have strong analytical and creative skills to comfortably solve complex problems that might involve ambiguity and uncertainty.
• Must have a strong propensity to record and document processes, software and source code.
• Must be able to perform in a team environment including team leadership when required.
• Must adhere to strict project schedules and meet extremely high quality standards.
• Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
• Occasional weekday and/or weekend overtime required.
• Occasional, short-term travel
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.