Design Engineering Specialist
Sterling Heights, MI
- Support concept to production H/W including requirements analysis, electronic design, debug, test, and qualification
- Design, develop, and test Electronic H/W products, components, and subsystems.
- Create detailed circuit board specifications, ICD' s, and test plans.
- Develop circuit card assembly schematics, layout guidelines, and support CCA layout
- Support component selection, procurement, and oversight of prototype hardware build.
- Support concurrent engineering reviews and trade studies.
- Develop engineering design fixes, and coordinate solutions.
- Perform technology research, feasibility assessments, and detailed hardware design requirements definition.
- Develop concepts to support advanced technology initiatives, IRADS, proposals, and demonstrators.
- Experience with Mentor Graphics DxDesigner schematic capture, PADS
- Experience with analog and digital circuit design, including PCB design.
- Experience with single board computers and microcontrollers.
- Experience with FPGA design and simulation, VHDL
- Experience with analog and digital video circuits.
- Experience with display technologies and video distribution techniques preferred.
- Ability to use engineering development and test tools.
- Familiarity with military standards and test requirements desired.
- Capable of obtaining a security clearance (if required).
- Occasional overtime, and weekend hours may be required to complete critical tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Eric is a Technical Recruiter for Contract Professionals, Inc. He supports the defense recruiting team by sourcing candidates, researching new recruiting channels, pre-screening candidates, and coordinating interviews. Eric and his team members strive to assist transitioning military personnel and veterans as they transition into civilian life. Their goal is to help their candidates match military skills and experience with a rewarding career in their areas of expertise.
Eric obtained an Associate of Science in Software Engineering and he has a strong background in information technology.