This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
What You' ll get to Do:
The DevOps/Configuration Management Engineer is responsible for building, maintaining, and utilizing an end-to-end solution in the area of automated build, deployment, and monitoring. You' ll need the ability to not only code and configure tools, but also assemble and integrate technology across disparate platforms is critical to success. This includes a good understanding of systems, modern scripting and enterprise level languages as well as open source tools that can and should be leveraged to solve problems.
Establish continuous integration (CI) pipeline to fully automate deployment of the highly available, mission critical cloud platform
Create and control software large scale software baselines for operational deployment
Create, maintain, and utilize scripts and templates to build cloud-based development systems for our software engineers
Build, maintain, and utilize tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments.
Work with DevOps architects on software and system optimizations, helping to identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
Design, manage, and maintain tools to automate operational processes
This position may be filled at a higher job grade based on the qualifications listed below.
This position may be filled as either a Principal DevOps/CM Eng or a Sr. Principal DevOps/CM Eng.
You' ll Bring These Qualifications:
Principal DevOps Eng
Bachelor' s Degree in STEM Discipline with 5 years of experience or Master' s Degree with 3 years of experience.
Sr. Principal DevOps Eng
Bachelor' s Degree in STEM Discipline with 9 years of experience or Master' s Degree with 7 years of experience.
Experience with large scale software development
Experience with automation and configuration management
· Software process automation with popular scripting languages
· Experience developing code in at least one high-level programming language
· Understanding of Agile and other development processes and methodologies
· Source, build/release, and configuration management in a continuous integration & delivery environment
· Configuring and administrating DevOps servers (Jira, Bitbucket, Confluence, Jenkins, Nexus) running on Linux.
· Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies
· Must have and be able to maintain an active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
· General knowledge of Puppet, Ansible, Groovy, PERL and PYTHON scripting
· Background in Linux/Unix administration
· Application performance analysis and monitoring
· Research & investigative skills
· Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available mission critical service
· CompTIA Security+
· Experience with other DevOps tools like: Nexus Lifecycle, SonarCube
Director of Business Development
John is currently the Director of Business Development for Contract Professionals, Inc. He currently manages the Green Bay, Wisconsin office and works with clients in Wisconsin, as well as several clients located throughout the United States.
John started his career in talent acquisition in 1998 in Boston, Massachusetts. For the past 20 years, John has worked with clients throughout the U.S. providing contingent and permanent staffing solutions in the areas of engineering, information technology and government/defense related positions.
John works directly with hiring managers and corporate recruiters to understand their staffing goals and future needs, in order to support their hiring initiatives.
In his free time, John enjoys golfing and spending time with his family and their dog “Inky."