Digital Forensic Examiner
CPI is partnered with a large defense industry company in Linthicum, MD that is hiring a Digital Forensics Examiner on a direct hire basis. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required. A DoD TS/SCI security clearance is required at time of resume submission.
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or the equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 1 year of relevant experience. All education requirements are verified.
- Provides forensic examination support for the Department of Defense Cyber Crime Center (DC3)and supporting organizations
- Conducts forensic processes on a variety of digital media including hard drives, thumb drives, media cards, cell phones and other devices
- Creates detailed notes on processes undertaken and develops forensic reports in support of counterintelligence or criminal investigations and other types of inquiries
- Assists the customer in developing new and innovative forensic processes and procedures
- Conducts peer reviews of other examiners' reporting
- Provides expert witness testimony in both military and civilian courts in support of forensic examinations conducted by the examiner.
- Demonstrated experience in the field of digital media forensics
- Understanding of computer file systems
- In-depth experience with file system forensics
- In-depth experience with registry analysis
- In-depth experience with Internet history analysis
- Understanding of steganography and encryption detection and analysis
- Understanding of managing complex large data set analysis
- In-depth experience with timeline analysis
- Experience with forensic media imaging
- In-depth experience with email analysis
- In-depth experience with signature and hash analysis
- Demonstrated experience with forensics tools such as EnCase, Forensic Toolkit, and Xways
- Strong documentation and written communication skills with technical report writing experience
- Industry standard certification(s) such as: CFCE, EnCE, ACE, GIAC, DoD
- Forensic tool and script development
- Programming experience
- Law enforcement investigation experience and understanding of search and seizure
Jessica Salazar joined Contract Professionals, Inc in May 2019 as a Technical Recruiter. Prior to joining CPI, Jessica worked at a healthcare staffing solutions company, hiring certified clinicians for the state of Arizona.
Aside from recruiting in the healthcare industry, she comes to CPI with prior experience in recruiting for aviation and general administration verticals.
Jessica specializes in full life cycle recruiting with an emphasis on IT, engineering and aerospace at local, regional, and government levels. She is passionate about executing comprehensive workforce solutions for her clients; facilitating contract and direct hire candidate positions.
Jessica welcomes a challenge and she is consistently excited about problem solving for her candidates/clients.
Jessica is proud to be military veteran, after serving in the United States Army. During her time in the Army, she welcomed the opportunity to specialize in human resources administration. She credits her time in the military for opening her eyes to the rewarding world of recruiting.
Jessica is a mom of two children and is currently planning her wedding.