State College, PA
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
High School Diploma or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. All education requirements are verified. Applicants selected may be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Representative duties and tasks:
- Reads work orders, assembly drawings, schematics, work instructions and other mfg documentation.
- Utilizes soldering irons and various small hand tools to install components and parts such as switches, coils, transformers, relays, transistors, capacitors, resistors, and other semiconductor circuits on circuit boards and/or other units.
- Routes and attaches wires and connectors to form circuitry and connects sub-assemblies.
- Attaches hardware where needed.
- Examines parts for defects.
- Replaces defective components and wiring.
- Completes appropriate paperwork and computer transactions necessary to finish work assignments.
- Repairs defective units.
- Provides input for Engineering Change Requests, as required
- Navigates Local Area Network and ERP system to gain necessary information to complete work assignments
- Works with Quality Control and/or Engineering to help trouble shoot problems as they arise
- Receives verbal instructions regarding work assignments.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
- Ability to solder using a stereo microscope
- Ability to interpret basic documents, work instructions, BOM' s, and schematics
- General communication skills, both written and verbal
- General computer skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to exhibit adaptability/flexibility
- General Knowledge of IPC-A-610 a plus.
- Experience with Lead free soldering a plus.
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.