Sterling Heights, MI
• Derive power generation performance requirements using legacy products as reference
• Develop and release engineering design specifications using legacy products as reference
• Design, select and integrate power generation components and subsystems
• Track weight, cost, thermal, and power allocations
• Release drawings to the plan
• Prepare Statement of Work (SOW), Critical Item Development Specification (CIDS), Interface Control Document (ICD) and Source Selection Plan (SSP) for a Request for Proposal (RFP) to industry suppliers, or for other purposes as required, using legacy documentation as reference
• Perform source selection evaluation of supplier proposals
• Interface with suppliers via teleconference/web conference and onsite
• Provide technical oversight and direction to suppliers during design development and validation to ensure performance, test, and/or design requirements are being met
• Manage supplier design development progress, technical action item list, and transfer of engineering communication• Prepare comprehensive technical reports and proposals
• Conduct engineering evaluations in a laboratory environment
• Work with other engineering disciplines to exchange technical information and give direction to designers and prototype shop personnel
• Present clear and concise and/or detailed technical information
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering with a minimum of two years of applicable experience, fewer years will be considered with an advanced degree. Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering acceptable provided candidate has a strong electrical background.
• Masters of Science in Electrical Engineering a plus
• Experience in power generation subsystem design a plus
• Experience in modeling and simulation a plus
• Familiarity and/or experience with J1939 CAN communication a plus
• Familiarity with Military design and test requirements including MIL-1275, MIL-461, MIL-464, MIL-810 a plus
• Familiarity with engineering development and test tools a plus
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Senior Technical Recruiter
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!