Electrical Harness Design Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI
- Primary tasks
- designing electrical wiring harnesses to include component selection for connectors, backshells, sleeving, braiding, sealants, boots, transitions, etc.
- determining harness layout through vehicle, branch points for multi-branch harnesses
- designing to environmental requirements for temperature, shock, vibration, submergence, exposure to harsh chemicals
- designing harnesses for MIL ground vehicle environment highly desired
- designing in Mentor Capital software highly desired
- Secondary tasks
- working with CAD draftsman to route harnesses in 3D CAD tools (Pro-E and/or NX)
- working with CAD draftsman to develop released drawings for harnesses, electrical installations, wiring diagrams, etc.
- working with systems engineers to define whole vehicle pin-level interconnect
- working with physical architects to define harness routing channels, space claims
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Ability to balance cost/schedule/technical priorities
- Occasional overtime, and weekend hours may be required to complete critical tasks.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance if necessary
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Eric is a Technical Recruiter for Contract Professionals, Inc. He supports the defense recruiting team by sourcing candidates, researching new recruiting channels, pre-screening candidates, and coordinating interviews. Eric and his team members strive to assist transitioning military personnel and veterans as they transition into civilian life. Their goal is to help their candidates match military skills and experience with a rewarding career in their areas of expertise.
Eric obtained an Associate of Science in Software Engineering and he has a strong background in information technology.