Electrical Lab Technician
Sterling Heights, MI US
About the Role:
The Senior Tech role will support multiple engineering tasks coming from multiple groups. Mainly the candidate will work with engineers from Displays, Computing Elements, Sights & Sensors and APT groups. In addition, the Senior Tech will be responsible for the daily lab walk in tasks from different engineers.
Responsibilities to Anticipate for this role:
Electrical/Display Lab support. Looking for an electronics technician/technologist with a two year certificate or equivalent schooling. Having 5-10 years of experience in the field of electronics with mechanical experience is preferred. Experience can be substituted for schooling.
Must be capable of:
- Understanding and following instructions and interpreting electrical and/or mechanical schematic diagrams and technical reference material, understanding and applying the principles used in electronic equipment, communicating effectively with engineers and other technicians and working autonomously or in a team atmosphere.
- Diagnosing, repairing, modifying and building electronic circuits, electronic and mechanical assemblies and internal and external harnessing.
- Soldering circuit boards or wiring, with the capability of working down to a 0603 surface mount package or smaller.
- Using general test equipment ( Power supplies, Digital Multimeter, O-Scope, etc.).
- Experience using basic tools (screw drivers, hammers, wrenches, drills ).
- Experience with Microsoft Visio, CAMvu, PCB authoring software (KI Cad, Altium), Parametric 3d modeling software.
- Experience in electronic circuit and mechanical design/development.
- Experience working with power tools such as, but not limited to a manual mill, grinder, belt sander, scroll saw, drill press.
- Associate degree in Electrical Engineering Technology or Similar.
- Minimum of 10 years in a similar role .
Familiarity with Military Standards and Test Requirements.
- Ability to use engineering development and test tools.
- Strong Interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong Multi-tasking skills.
Additional Information / Desired Experience
- This position will require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance).
- Previous experience working on ground combat Vehicles desired.
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles is desired. Must be able to pass ASR test (Anthropometric Size Requirement for confined space).
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position. Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills is required Works well in team and individually.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required.
- Familiarity with military standards and test requirements desired.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.