Electronics Packaging Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
- Electronics Packaging - Computing and Interface Products
- Support new program initiatives and the design and development of Electronic H/W products from concept to production including requirements analysis, design, mechanical modeling, and documentation release.
- Support fabrication, assembly, integration, and design validation of prototype units.
- Participate in department design activities across all programs through detailed mechanical and documentation peer reviews.
- Perform technology research, feasibility assessments, and detailed hardware design requirements definition.
- Support legacy products. Develop engineering corrective actions and change requests as required.
- Develop and maintain all appropriate hardware technical records and work product documentation per department processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering with a minimum of 5 years of applicable experience.
- Experience with electronics packaging, circuit card and harness assembly, environmentally sealed chassis design, and EMI mitigation techniques.
- Familiarity with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and working with external partners on drafting and drawing release process.
- Dynamic (shock and vibration) and Finite Element Analysis - use of dampening methods.
- Familiar with thermal and tolerance stack analysis.
- Familiar with CAD modeling, mechanical analysis, design optimization, hardware prototyping and implementation, and design for manufacture (DFM) principles.
- Familiar with Military Standards and Test Requirements.
- Knowledge of CAD Modeling and Simulation Tools Creo-PTC, NX, Flotherm, Sauna.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with interdisciplinary teams.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and work in a fast paced environment.
- Capable of Obtaining a Security Clearance if necessary.
- Able to work overtime when required.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.