Embedded Electronic System Architect
Sterling Heights, MI US
Active Secret Security Clearance is no longer a requirement – the selected candidate needs to be able to obtain a clearance but it does not have to be active.
This is a Hybrid position within our Engineering organization. This role allows the employee to work offsite but also requires onsite work as needed. This position requires the employee to be onsite up to 80%.
The Embedded Electrical System Architect specializes in the design and development of time-critical Ethernet Networks including.
- Designing distributed embedded systems to:
- Develop distributed I/O processing solutions
- Develop distributed control solutions
- Develop network bridging solutions
- Develop spatial and temporal freedom from interference (FFI) solutions
- Practice network asset management including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Monitor and test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related.
- 10+ years of experience in the application of real-time Ethernet technologies, such as TTEthernet, AVB, and TSN.
- Strong experience in the application of MOSA concepts.
- Strong experience in network and CPU timing analysis.
- Competence with testing software and procedures for voice and data networks (sniffer / port mirroring, etc.).
- Ability to gain good understanding of the organization' s goals and objectives.
- This position may require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance).
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles is desired. Must be able to pass ASR test (Anthropometric Size Requirement for confined space).
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required.
- Occasional travel to test sites as required.
- Master' s Degree in Systems Engineering or certification(s) in Embedded Systems.
- Experience with CAN network design and performance testing.
- Previous experience working on ground combat Vehicles.
- Familiarity with military standards and test requirements.
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.