Embedded Software & Controls Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
Embedded Modeling & Code Generation Lead Engineer will be working on our future products team. Join a dynamic group of software and controls engineers responsible for the design, development and support of embedded software solutions for the world's premier land-based combat vehicle producer.
Hybrid - Due to the nature of the work, this role may require on-site presence up to 70%
Responsibilities to Anticipate for this role:
- Lead the Embedded software and controls Development for various domains across new platform.
- Create/integrate embedded software releases (integrate individual changes and create release requests).
- Provide overall status on software development efforts to respective software project leads.
- Develop embedded software and/or models for functional area/domain.
- Perform embedded software requirements analysis.
- Develop embedded software preliminary and detail design utilizing software design tools as specified by department standards.
- Develop code to implement software design, code development shall conform to department standards and procedures.
- Develop test procedures and perform unit/functional test on the executable software.
- Perform hardware/software integration.
- Debug software issues discovered throughout multiple testing phases.
- Develop and maintain software in accordance with the project and department development processes.
- Prepare status reports to management and support design/code peer reviews.
- Interface with other departments and business units, including Systems Engineering and Quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- This requisition has multiple openings in the following domains: Vehicle Management, Survivability, Mobility, Power Management, C5ISR (command and control, comms, intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance).
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or related discipline/experience.
- At lease7 years in a related role.
- At least 3 years developing/creating/testing C/C++ embedded software and controls.
- At least 3 years modeling software behavior/performance for auto code generation (MatLab/Simulink/Stateflow, Rose RT, Rhapsody, Cameo, etc).
- Understanding of Electrical and mechanical hardware (the plant) that is being controlled.
- Experience developing simulation (SIL) for development and testing purposes.
- Able to bring continuous Improvement processes and methodologies to the position. Strong Communication, Interpersonal, and organizations skills are required. Must work well in a team environment.
Additional Information / Desired Experience:
- Master degree in Computer Engineer, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering or related.
- Familiar with SAFe Agile Frame work.
- Frailer with DevOps or DevSecOps development pipelines.
- Familiar with CI/CD pipelines and principals.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required.
- This position may require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance).
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
As a proud U.S. Army veteran with an extensive 28-year service record, Jimmy Tallent dedicated two decades of his life to active duty and an additional eight years in the Army Reserve, contributing his time, talent and commitment to various vital aspects of military service. His journey has been diverse, spanning roles in aviation, transportation, and recruiting, allowing him to develop a versatile skill set and a deep understanding of the military landscape.
Originally hailing from the city of Chattanooga, TN, Jimmy embarked on his military career with a passion for service and a commitment to excellence. Throughout his tenure, he served in dynamic and challenging roles, which included the precision and expertise demanded by the aviation industry, the strategic logistics of transportation, and the interpersonal and leadership skills required in the recruiting field.
In addition to his rich military experience, he pursued and earned a degree in business management, further enhancing his knowledge and capabilities. With this academic achievement, coupled with his practical experience, positioned him as a professional with a comprehensive understanding of both military and business landscapes.
Today, Jimmy is excited to leverage his leadership, organizational, and strategic skills at Contract Professionals, Inc. Jimmy is driven by his commitment to excellence, his discipline instilled through years of military service, and his passion for overcoming challenges. He approaches every opportunity with the same dedication and integrity, which defined his military career.