Embedded Software Engineer
Redondo Beach, CA US
The ideal candidate needs to have extensive hands-on experience developing, integrating and testing highly reliable real-time software using VxWorks, device drivers development, knowledge in C++, and needs to be a self-starter with ability to take ownership of a project and drive it to completion. Leads software and hardware integration and works side by side with team members in the lab.
- Designs, develops, integrates and tests real-time flight software that manages a Space payload unit ensuring compliance to established requirements.
- Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of such engineering applications.
- Interfaces with application users, hardware and systems engineering teams.
- Ideally 10+ years of development experience working on embedded real-time systems using VxWorks.
- Hardware integration experience.
- Proficient in C++.
- Familiar with PCI, 1553, Spacewire and/or Serial RapidIO (SRIO)
- Familiar with Git, Jira, Confluence, bitbucket.
- Familiar with Chipscope and/or other digital hardware troubleshooting tools/devices.
- Experience with Packet Switching and Circuit Switching protocols are highly desired.
- Experience with SATCOM equipment is preferred.
- BS in EE or Computer Engineering with SW background.
- BS in Computer Science is Ok if the VxWorks skill and working with HW is in their experience.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
A seasoned recruiting and sales professional with more than 7 years of industry experience, Jason Briggs joins the Contract Professionals, Inc. (CPI) team as the Director of Business Development, Information Technology Division in Scottsdale, Arizona.
With a talent for creative problem solving and coalition building, Jason started his career at Oxford and Associates in 2013, generating $2.3 million in sales by targeting the hardware, software, IT, and science & technology industries.
Subsequently, Jason joined KT Consulting as a Federal Department of Defense (DoD) Senior Recruiter focusing on winning and staffing One Acquisition Solution for Integrated Services (OASIS-SB) Proposals and Contracts for the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marines.
Relocating to Arizona in 2017, Jason is originally from Wisconsin. He graduated from the University of Wisconsin Stout with a Bachelor of Science degree in Business with a focus in Risk Management.
Jason attended St. John's Northwestern Military Academy in Wisconsin where he was exposed to JROTC leadership education training and military sciences. He has served on alumni executive board for the University of Wisconsin Stout's National social philanthropy fraternity, Phi Sigma Phi. Jason also continues to provide support for local dog rescue organizations in the Phoenix area by donating time and participating in local adoption events.