Engineering Brake Controls Design & Release Engineer
• Lead design of forward model electronic brake systems, including hardware and software
• Guide supplier partners through the Ford Global Product Development System (GPDS) process
• Perform Failure Mode Avoidance and Functional Safety analyses to examine potential failure modes and design suitable prevention strategies
• Work with other functional areas within Ford (Electrical, Powertrain, SMT and Vehicle Program teams) to ensure that all vehicle interfaces are defined and supported
• Support vehicle testing, rig testing, and Hardware-In-the-Loop simulations to demonstrate system functionality
• Manage system quality, cost and timing to ensure high quality program deliverables
• Experience with controls modeling (e.G. In Matlab/Simulink, Statteflow, SysML)
• Experience in supplier management and cost negotiation
• Minimum 2 years design or development experience in chassis or powertrain controls
• Familiarity with digital and analog data acquisition systems
• Awareness of, or experience with ISO 26262
• Experience with complex system analysis tools & methods
• Experience with HIL simulation and testing
• Familiarity with vehicle network communication (CAN) & associated tools (e.G. CANalyzer)
Bachelor' s Degree in Engineering (NOT ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY DEGREES
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for employment status (e.G. H-1B visa status)
Matt started with Contract Professionals, Inc. in November 2014. He began as a Technical Recruiter assigned to the automotive team. He worked hand in hand with account managers, to spearhead specific projects with CPI's clients. Driven to succeed, Matt achieved his goal(s) within the first year. He continued working on accounts and he learned the leadership process throughout his 4-year career at CPI.
When the opportunity presented itself, he was promoted to Account Manager of the automotive division. He navigates the challenges in this new role by utilizing the senior staff in the office.
Matt was awarded a Bachelor of Art in Environmental Studies at University of Michigan. Matt also received an Associate degree in Automotive Mechanics from a local community college.
Matt is thriving as a new Account Manager at CPI, and he looks forward to the challenges that await him in the workforce solutions industry.