Facility Customer Service and AV Support Technician
Sterling Heights, MI
- This position is for onsite assistance only and is responsible for collaborating with various internal and external personnel to deliver an array of customer service focusing on meeting/event planning, equipment integration and installation assistance in conference rooms.
- Maintaining a working relationship with co-workers, customers, and vendors
- Understanding the complex needs of different events, and diverse clients
- Planning and coordination of event aspects
- Actively engaged in facility events including problem-solving, welcoming guests, event set-up, communicating with staff, organizing vendors, and handling take-down.
- Communicating with team to create effective communications (signs, maps, agendas, emails, etc) for each event
- Anticipating, planning and prevention for possible different scenarios and IT errors
- Working with AV supplier for repair/replacement services, researching alternative cost-effective options
- Strong and courteous communication skills with a strong willingness to solve problems
- Operate and test daily functionality of all AV and integrated conference rooms
- Understand and diagram AV equipment and inputs/outputs
- Train co-workers to use equipment and identify/correct minor problems
- Perform routine testing and problem diagnosis for Skype/audio conferencing, microphones, speakers, amplifiers & LED/LCD/Plasma Displays
- Perform preventative maintenance to resolve problem or identify resolution
- Troubleshoot AV/V problems on-the-spot (as required) as well as non-critical situations
- Assist with all company meetings/functions
- Assist with the use of AV infrastructure (audio, video conferencing, webcasting, visual display or projection, and control system (Crestron) operations
- Interact with help desk and AV supplier
- Coordinate with host/co-workers to determine AV basic infrastructure requirements for any new conference room or media needs or design
- Daily system testing to ensure equipment and room functionality
- Develop a rolling wave of equipment replacement/service
- Ensure all AV spaces are presentable for use
- Assist with some Engineering software projects, as needed
- Other duties assigned
- Effective communication and interaction with employees, customers, guests, suppliers, and colleagues and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Ability to test equipment and perform basic troubleshooting
- Ability to work and think independently and ensuring to meet deadlines
- Basic computer knowledge and
- Knowledge of basic signal flow for audio, video and control
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Ability to be on time and plan schedule to meet facility requirements
- Strong organizational skills and excellent attention to detail
- Excellent and courteous communication and interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Demonstrated customer service focus
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated working knowledge of AV practices and procedures
- Videoconferencing experience including operation, call set-up and equipment
- Demonstrated AV Control experience including Crestron and Extron
- Experience and knowledge of web conferencing tools such as Skype for Business a plus
- The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and be able to work in small spaces and on uneven surfaces. The employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Eric is a Technical Recruiter for Contract Professionals, Inc. He supports the defense recruiting team by sourcing candidates, researching new recruiting channels, pre-screening candidates, and coordinating interviews. Eric and his team members strive to assist transitioning military personnel and veterans as they transition into civilian life. Their goal is to help their candidates match military skills and experience with a rewarding career in their areas of expertise.
Eric obtained an Associate of Science in Software Engineering and he has a strong background in information technology.