Field Service Representative
New Hudson, MI US
We are looking to hire an experienced and detailed oriented Field Service Representative (FSR) to work closely with a talented cross-functional engineering and manufacturing team on the execution of low-volume production programs. We are in search of an enthusiastic self-starter that can deliver the highest level of customer service experience while contributing to the development of a small team of two to ten people. Our goal is to drive service success that improves customer satisfaction, maximizes customer retention and increases profitability.
The explosive growth experienced at our client’ s facilities has resulted in this opportunity to develop and grow an FSR team focused on tactical, combat, robotic and vehicle integration programs. Depending on the blend of talent, skills and experience, the ideal candidate will have the capability to continue the evolution of this department. Reporting to the Lead FSR while directly supporting the Product Engineering Team, you will be working with a highly energetic team focused on fast-paced product development and unsurpassed quality.
Typical Defense Products may include items such as vehicle upfit kits, mobility enhancement components, weapon system components and integration kits, radar/surveillance systems, security systems, defense platforms, Counter-UAV solutions, autonomous target systems, robotic platforms, and advanced military vehicles. Effective collaboration and communications with customers, suppliers, engineering, purchasing, quality, manufacturing, and sales is critical to being successful in this position.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supports the installation, maintenance, operation, troubleshooting, repair, and customer training of Pratt Miller products at customer locations, military bases, and training/test sites
- Assist the development and creation of Pratt Miller technical manuals, work instructions, and service manuals
- Possess intimate knowledge of Pratt Miller solutions in order to support customers, both remotely and in the field
- Inform customers about the use of the Pratt Miller products through formal or informal training, including maintaining user documentation that may include service and maintenance manuals
- Translate customers' needs into potential improvements to the platform, by presenting information to the design teams about customer usage and interaction
- Assist all Design for Serviceability activities early in the product life cycle
- Provide build/assembly support during the prototype, pilot, and production phases
- Assist in the growth of the Pratt Miller FSR team and their associated capabilities
- Perform inspection, repair, and troubleshooting tasks on multiple platform vehicles
- Document in-field issues and report to engineering team
- Help establish a preventative maintenance schedule to be carried out regularly by customers
- Provide input for escalation of difficult-to-solve problems to the designated technical support group
- Operate and maintain robotic vehicles in support of development and training activities
- Assure that all customers' problems are handled with a minimum delay and within the allotted time
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Ability to clearly communicate technical information, both verbally and in writing
- Able to perform in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem-solve in a logical methodical manner
- Establish and maintain a positive customer interaction experience
- Ability to interface with multiple departments to accomplish tasks
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage his/her own workload to achieve deadlines
- Ability to use common power tools, hand tools, multi-meters etc. To service products and troubleshoot problems.
- Ability to work from technical manuals, work instructions, work orders and follow-up of historic troubleshooter findings and notes
- Design for Serviceability experience
- Strong understanding of engineering fundamentals and principles
DESIRED SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Ability to use all types of power tools, lifting devices, carrying or support equipment, including safe use of slings and chains
- Able to demonstrate proficient computer skills and use of MS Office programs
- Able to prepare written technical reports
- Demonstrated professionalism and ability to interact with all levels of employees and customers
- High-Voltage, Autonomous, & By-wire Systems experience
- Experience with military or robotic vehicle systems and sub-systems
- Electrical and hybrid vehicle systems experience
- Experience working on military bases/ranges and with military personnel
- CDL license is desirable but not required
EDUCATION / CERTIFICATION / YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- Must have a high school diploma
- 5+ years of experience in roles with increasing responsibility that include assisting the technical and operations teams. Experience in technology-driven field service is a critical core competency and is an important asset for this position
- Must have a valid driver' s license with ability to acquire a US. Passport
- Must have the ability to obtain and maintain a US Security Clearance
- Technical degree or Certification from a vocational school or other recognized source such as a military service-related Advanced Individual Training preferred
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Work is often performed in a variety of work environments including a typical interior office environment, shop environment, customer worksite and outdoor test facilities
- Work around Pratt Miller products may involve exposure to extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, loud noises, chemicals, high voltage systems, and heavy equipment / machinery
- Ability to travel with and maneuver a travel kit weighing ~40 lbs.
- Ability to perform diagnostic and troubleshooting activities along with basic repairs on vehicles in a variety of work environments: workshops, outdoor test facilities, etc.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- Flexible working hours
- 40-45 hours per week with occasional overtime required
- Frequent travel will be required.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Team Leader of Defense Branch
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!