Field Service Tech II
Anniston, AL US
- Provide leadership and direction to field service, and training for maintenance and administrative support personnel.
- Typical duties will include travel to military bases to perform vehicle upgrades and modifications, inspections, repair, services and maintenance.
- Knowledgeable of US Army Maintenance system or Dealer Management Systems
- Able to interpret and use all types of engineering drawings, schematics, diagrams and specification sheets
- Ability to read, understand and follow written technical work instructions, modification work orders (MWOs) and other technical specifications
- Able to use computers in report writing, data management and word processing
- Able to use all types of hand and power tools, oscilloscopes, digital volt and ohm meters, diagnostic computers/software, lifting devices, carrying or support equipment, including safe use of slings and chains
- Familiar with the use and operation of Test Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE) for automotive, electrical, electronic and fire control systems
- Must be able to function with minimal supervision
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair military track vehicles and power plants
- Ability to train soldiers Provide technical guidance to internal and external customers
- Must be willing and able to travel to remote locations with little notice
- Ability to record and communicate complex field data to GSD management
- Must be able to communicate effectively with government and military personnel of all ranks
- Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Good planning, time management and organization skills
- Sound interpersonal skills used when interfacing, coordinating, and negotiating with Company personnel, customers and suppliers
- Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
- Ability to develop and maintain professional and effective relationships with internal and external customers
- A considerable level of analytical ability to analyze and make repairs
- Substantial communication skills to serve as point of contact with customers
- Able to resolve conflicts in a timely manner
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Recruiting Team Leader of Defense Branch
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!