Sterling Heights, MI US
About the Role:
As a member of the Fire Power Medium organization, we design and integrate the vehicle's lethality systems.
Hybrid or onsite:
Due to the nature of the work, this role requires on-site presence up to 80%.
Responsibilities to Anticipate/Expect:
- Design / Test engineer, with emphasis on system and subsystem requirements analysis, development, integration, and test for functionality on medium- caliber turret platforms. Area of interest is lethality.
- Experience in using Mathlab/Simulink control system design and modeling.
- Review and develop system, hardware and software requirements and test plans.
- Support hardware and software integration in a lab environment and on vehicle to include the use of various test equipment to include dynamic analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, Ethernet, RS-422/485, CANbus, etc.
- Analyze subsystem requirements and develop logic for flowcharts, state charts, state diagrams, and fire control algorithms for design documents.
- Support fielding and production sites to investigate / resolve fire control issues.
- Support the integration and testing of electrical control devices and sensors on various vehicle platforms.
- Provide fire control technical support and communication as required to GDLS program office, GDLS customers, and other departments within GDLS
- Coordinate with other organizations, compiling input, providing status, and providing suggested course(s) of action as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications / What you must have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (BSEE), Computer Engineering (BSCE), Mechatronics or Robotics preferred. Similar technical degrees may be considered if experience aligns with this Requisition's.
- Extensive knowledge of Mathlab/Simulink model to code generation
- Capable of getting a secret clearance desired
- Capable of leading a Fire Control project team
- Occasional travel to field sights may be required
- Extensive vehicle and lab testing required
- ASR is needed to work inside tanks and military vehicles
- Extensive use of computer and test equipment in both the laboratory and field environment
- Experience with CAMEO
- Candidate may be required to lift/Carry up to 30 lbs of test equipment as needed.
This position requires eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance)
- No sponsorship offered.
- The candidate will need to have strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to work overtime when required.
- Able to bring continuous improvement processes and methodologies to the position.
- Limited travel may be required.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Terry Walton was brought into Contract Professionals, Inc. to act as highly specialized and experienced technical recruiter, with a focus on engineering and informational technology. Known industry wide for his ability to cultivate and recruit best in class candidates, Terry was named the number one recruiter (out of 45 recruiters) with his previous employer, for more than six consecutive years. He was also a member of the Chairman’s Club from 2017-2019.
Passionate about mentoring others, Terry also has extensive experience training new recruiters to navigate the entire recruitment life cycle; providing novice recruiters with the education, skills, and tools necessary to become successful staffing specialists.
Terry was conferred a Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc), Business Administration and Management from Robert Morris University in 2003.
Terry is happily married to Jennifer Walton. Together they have three boys: Houston 13, Phoenix 9, and Kingston 6. All their children play school and travel basketball, baseball, and football. A sports enthusiast himself, Terry coaches AAU All-Star Basketball. He is also the Head Coach of Grade School Tackle Football for Butler, PA.