Firepower Heavy Systems Engineer
Sterling Heights, MI US
This is an Onsite position within our Engineering organization. This position requires the employee to be onsite up to 100%. The 9/80 standard schedule allows candidates who work nine-hour days Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
In this technical role, the Firepower Heavy - Design Systems Technical Lead Engineer will focus on system and subsystem controls, integration, and testing.
- Review and develop hardware and software requirement documents and test plans.
- Support hardware and software integration in a lab environment to include the use of various test equipment to include dynamic analyzers, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, Ethernet, RS-422, etc.
- Perform vehicle level testing utilizing the same type of equipment.
- Analyze subsystem requirements and develop logic for flowcharts, state charts, state diagrams, and fire control algorithms for design documents.
- Support fielding and production sites to investigate / resolve fire control issues.
- Support the integration and testing of electrical control devices and sensors on various vehicle platforms.
- Provide technical FC leadership and communication as required to Piers, Subordinates, program office, customers, and other departments.
- Duties include the planning and execution of product development. Responsible for working with product team leaders to manage the project schedule, cost, processes, and risks for engineering-related activities on the program.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering; similar technical degrees will be considered with relevant experience.
- 10+ years of professional experience.
- Extensive vehicle and lab testing required.
- Extensive use of computer and test equipment in both laboratory and field environment.
Good communication skills required.
- Self-motivated and must be capable of working in a team environment.
- Ability to make decisions in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
- May need to occasionally lift and carry test equipment weighing 30 lbs.
- This position may require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance).
- Meet ASR measurement requirements to work inside combat vehicles, wheeled and tracked.
- Domestic/International Travel up to 15%.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.