Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Abrams (20-00699)
- Experienced maintenance mechanic, familiar with the deprocessing and maintenance tasks on the variations of the Abrams Tanks (M1A1 ED, M1A2 SEP V2) vehicles for the Material Fielding Team (MFT) at Ft. Hood.
- Provide input to program planning, schedules, and maintenance techniques for the Abrams Fleet Vehicles.
- Identify technical problems and assist Field Service Representative in performing maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Leadership responsible for maintenance
- Must haves one or more years of maintenance experience on tracked vehicles; preferably on the Abrams M1A2 SEP Tanks
- Must be able to gain access to US Military facilities or bases; including a NACI clearance if required
- Must be a U.S. Person
- Required to work at heights, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to climb, and work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must have a valid State Driver' s License and be able to obtain a tank driver' s license
- Must meet the anthropometric requirements (ASR) to entry into the driver' s station or into an enclosed military vehicle
- Must be willing to travel within the United States to perform maintenance tasks and deprocessing; if required
- Must be able to successfully pass the Job Proficiency Certification for Abrams fleet vehicles
- Be able to work autonomously with government personnel
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Jennifer’s focus at Contract Professionals, Inc. is working in the defense industry to help candidates find employment with CPI’s international defense suppliers.
Jennifer works to assist military veterans, as they seek out new job opportunities, while transitioning from the military to civilian life. More specifically, Jennifer's goal is to match the military veterans she represents with civilian employment opportunities. Her aim is to provide the military veterans with jobs where they can utilize the skills and experience they've gained in the military.
Jennifer is proud to be a part of the CPI team. She says that it’s easy to stay motivated because she comes to work each day, excited to work with transitioning military personnel and veterans from across the United States.
Jennifer was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in Elementary Education from Baker College in Michigan.
She enjoys working out, cooking, and spending time at her cottage in the northern part of the lower peninsula of Michigan.