Heavy Equipment Mechanic - Stryker
Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in automotive systems (power-pack) engine, transmission, cooling, fuel, exhaust, driveline and suspension using built in test equipment (BITE), test equipment and/or manual troubleshooting procedures (MTPs), common and special tools and applicable technical documentation;
Repair sub-systems and components, line replacement units (LRU' s) of the " Stryker”. Perform maintenance steps to accomplish repairs will include disassembling, removing and replacing worn/ damaged/defective part(s), adjusting, reassembling and testing using applicable technical documentation;
Troubleshoot and correct malfunctions in hydraulic systems common to all " Stryker” or unique to variants of the " Stryker” vehicle;
Complete maintenance and administrative forms and other paperwork related to performance of duties;
Read and interpret troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures and flow diagrams for systems, subsystems and components;
Skilled in computer operation and Microsoft operating systems. (Word, EXCEL and Power-point);
Maintain accountability of special tools, test equipment and property
2 to 5 years related work experience required;
• High school diploma or equivalent required, Associates Degree preferred;
• Must be a U.S. Person;
• Ability to effectively communicate (both orally & in writing) and interact with internal & external customers;
• Ability to contribute in the problem solving process;
• Able to understand and describe acronyms related to turret and related LRU systems;
• Must be able to read and interpret toubleshooting and diagnostic procedures and flow diagrams for systems, subsystems and components;
• Able identify parts through IETM, Schematics and cross reference based on vehicle configuration;
• Promote and maintain a collaborative work style, fostering cooperation and teamwork in achieving business objectives;
• Must have overall understanding of customer contacts and relationships;
• Maintain accountability of assigned tools and property
• Familiar with GDLS products, processes, and military terminology preferred;
• Efficient knowledge of Microsoft Applications;
• Documented trade school, certified technical training or commercial training preferred;
• Must be able to meet and maintain ASR requirements;
• Able to gain and maintain access to military facilities
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIREMENT:
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Amanda is proud to be a part of the Contract Professionals, Inc. team. Part of her job allows her to assist candidates with finding new career opportunities. However, as a CPI Technical Recruiter, the most rewarding part of her job is helping military veterans, as well as transitioning military personnel; leading them to a career path that utilizes their skills and experiences.
Amanda enjoys photography and all things outdoors. Amanda has played golf for her entire life. Her motto is "Golf is life!" When she was 18 years old, she achieved a hole-in-one on a 249-year par 4.
Amanda's most cherished place in the world is her family’s cabin in Vanderbilt, Michigan.