Heavy Equipment Mechanics - SCA
Killeen, TX US
Candidate must be able to gain access to US Military facilities or bases including a NACI clearance if required.
- Perform preventive maintenance checks and services and install MWO' s on variations of the Abrams Tanks (M1A1ED, M1A2SEP V2 and V3)
- Read and interpret troubleshooting and diagnostic procedures and flow diagrams for systems, subsystems and components.
- Maintain accountability of special tools, test equipment and property.
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership responsible for maintenance.
- Must have 1+ years of general mechanical maintenance experience, preferably on the Abrams Family of Tanks.
- Must have basic knowledge of tools and test equipment required for military vehicle maintenance.
- Must be able to gain access to US Military facilities or bases; including a NACI clearance if required.
- Must be able to work effectively in a team-oriented structure in field and shop environment, both on and off military installations.
- Required to work at heights, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, able to climb, and work in extreme temperatures and weather conditions.
- Must have a valid State Driver' s License and be able to obtain a tank driver' s license
- Must meet the Anthropometric Size Requirements (ASR) to entry into the driver' s station or into an enclosed military vehicle (under 6' 3 " AND under 260 lbs WITH steel toed boots and coveralls on).
- Must be able to travel as required to support Ft. Cavazos maintenance, fielding and retrofit activities for both State-side and international requirements
- Must be able to successfully pass the Job Proficiency Certification for Abrams fleet vehicles.
- Be able to work autonomously with government personnel.
High school diploma or equivalent required plus 1+ years of experience of general mechanical maintenance experience required.
Candidate must be able to gain access to US Military facilities or bases including a NACI clearance if required. All applicants selected will be subject to a US Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, US citizenship is required.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Team Leader - Defense Solutions
With over 14 years of recruiting experience, Greg specializes in recruiting military veterans for Contract Professionals, Inc.'s defense clients nationwide (CONUS)and overseas (OCONUS). Part of his job is to also mentor new CPI recruiters and assist them in meeting their career objectives.
Greg takes great pride in his ability to support our military veterans, as they navigate the transition process. This includes providing transitioning military personnel with job information and vital career guidance, after they are discharged from the military. Greg regularly works to support transitioning military personnel and veterans by matching their skills to a rewarding career within their area of expertise.
Greg holds a Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration from Western Michigan University.
He enjoys golf, cooking, travel, music and most sports! Go Broncos!