IT Infrastructure Engineer
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third-party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Our client offers a diverse portfolio of high technology solutions, products and services that enable customers to successfully execute missions across all domains of operation. With a global team of 13, 000+ top professionals, they partner with the best in industry to expand the bounds of innovation in the defense and scientific arenas.
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- 10 years of experience engineering hardware and network designs for large-scale enterprise applications
- 5 years' experience with virtualization platforms
- 5 years' experience coordinating activities of technology product and service vendors and leading technical infrastructure design activities
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Engineers solutions for on-premises hardware and network
- Disaster Recovery Planning
- Designs and plans network systems
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture
- Provides specific, detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Provides technical analysis in data network planning, engineering, and design
- Provides analysis for implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to network problems
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, multiplexers, hubs, bridges and gateways, etc.
- Coordinates third party maintenance for network equipment and troubleshoots problems with department users and department network administrators
- May develop uniform operation procedures
- Conducts testing of network systems
- Evaluates and reports on new network technologies to enhance capabilities of the network
- Subject matter expert (SME) in one discipline/field and developing working knowledge in adjacent disciplines/fields
- Possesses highly proficient skills or is recognized for expertise in a specialized area of focus
- Develops solutions to a variety of difficult problems of considerable scope and complexity, using established precedents and policies
- Complete understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in the field
- Contributes to completion of specific programs and projects
- Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives
- Independently determines and develops approach to solutions
- Solutions are imaginative, thorough, practicable and consistent with organization objectives
- Works under general direction
- Represents organization in providing solutions to difficult technical issues associated with specific projects
- Frequent inter-organizational and outside customer contacts
- Failure to obtain results or erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in serious program delays and considerable expenditure of resources
- Displays highly proficient leadership skills and critical thinking skills
- Contributes to the completion of specific programs or projects
- Requires highly proficient analytical, research and project management capabilities
- Cloud experience (e.G., AWS Workspaces, VPC setup)
- Storage experience (Dell/EMC)
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.