Anniston, AL US
About the Role:
The Industrial Engineer performs traditional IE duties as well as localized contract/budget/production management duties.
Responsibilities to Anticipate for this role:
- Develop and maintain work standards, labor assignments and equipment capacity.
- Develop/Provide staffing requirements to meet operations plans.
- Develop and report on Production department performance.
- Conduct studies pertaining to production time (Time Studies), cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems.
- Develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and contract/budget modifications and revisions to operating methods.
- Analyze and design sequence of operations and workflow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts.
- Establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Ensure processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
- Establish or assist in establishing accident prevention measures and manage training programs for personnel concerning all phases of production operations.
- Estimate new labor costs and production planning.
- Support production teams in achieving cost, quality and schedule objectives utilizing Lean manufacturing tools to improve performance.
- Heavy emphasis on time study completion metrics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related IE experience.
- Excellent analytical skills to appropriately size subsystems and components
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Mind-set to work collaboratively in a team environment for program success
- Proven skills in the development of technical documents and oral communication
- Strong Excel and communcation skills.
Additional Information / Desired Experience:
- This position may require eligibility to obtain a US security clearance. (Non-US Citizens may not be eligible to obtain a security clearance).
- This position may require the candidate to be able to climb on/off, work in, and work around military vehicles is desired. Must be able to pass ASR test (Anthropometric Size Requirement for confined space).
- Must be able to work occasional evening and/or weekend overtime as required.
This assignment is a US Government Contract which requires all applicants to be US Citizens.
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Vice President
Jay Vorobel is the Executive Vice President for Contract Professionals, Inc.. Jay brings more than 35 years of sales and corporate management experience to the CPI team. He plays a pivotal role on the CPI team; providing support and strategic managerial input to the president and management team.
Jay identifies and leads new business development initiatives and opportunities. He has been responsible for securing in excess of $450 million worth of revenue within the defense and mobility verticals over the last three decades.