Information Assurance Professional
San Jose, CA
Active DoD TOP SECRET security clearance is REQUIRED at time of submission. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. Citizenship is required.
Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering, a related specialized area or field is required (or equivalent experience) plus a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience; or Master' s degree plus a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience. All education requirements will be verified in order for the incumbent to start this opportunity.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND TASKS:
- As a member of the Information Assurance security team, supports the system security design effort, security requirements analysis, and security requirements flow down to the program elements
- Executes or supports the execution of the development of program required security documentation, including items such as security plans, contingency plans, and security tests plans and procedures in compliance with the IA policy
- Generates or supports the generation of Assessment and Authorization (A&A) documentation for the program
- Executes or supports execution of A&A (or C&A) activities
- Executes the security testing and evaluation to ensure the correct implementation of security requirements
- Executes security scanning and the analysis of the scan results
- Supports the Assessment and mitigation of system security threats and risks throughout the program life cycle
- Supports secure maintenance and continuous monitoring
- Perform weekly system audits, media reviews, hardware/software configuration management
- Contributes to the completion of major programs and projects with the execution of the system security activities
- Plans and executes project tasks for activities described above
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in IA Security specifications such as Risk Management Framework (RMF), JSIG (Joint SAP Implementation Guide), ICD-503 and NIST SP 800-53
- Experience with security assessment/hardening tools, i.E. STIGs, SCAP, ACAS, Nessus, etc.
- Contributes to the achievement of business objectives
- Trained and proficient in Assured File Transfer (AFT) procedures
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Highly proficient ability to clearly report relevant cyber systems engineering design
- Regular contact with senior levels of internal security work groups
- Ability to participate in or lead security work groups
- Works under limited direction
- Maintains contact with the external customers' security professionals
- Creative thinker, good multi-tasker
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
PREFERRED DEGREE TYPES AND EXPERIENCE:
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of the NISPOM, ICD-503, JSIG, NIST SP 800-53 and CNSSI 1253
- DoD 8570 IAM-I level professional certification (i.E. Security + CE, CAP, GSLC) or ability to obtain within six (6) months of hire
- Technical background creating POA&Ms, developing corrective action plans, and writing security plans, policies, and procedural documentation (not just reviewing or performing documentation review)
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.