Information Systems Security Officer
Colorado Springs, CO
Will be responsible for ensuring the appropriate operational security posture is maintained for an information system and as such, works in close collaboration with the ISSM and Program Team. The ISSO shall have the detailed knowledge and expertise required to manage the security aspects of an information system and is assigned responsibility for the day-to-day security operations of a system. Responsibilities also include physical and environmental protection, personnel security, incident handling, and security training and awareness. In close coordination with the ISSM and program team, the ISSO plays an active role in monitoring a system and its environment of operation to include developing and updating the SSP, managing and controlling changes to the system, and assessing the security impact of those changes.
Responsibilities also include, but are not limited to:
- Assist the ISSM in meeting their duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with security policies and procedures as outlined in the security authorization package;
- Maintain required IA certifications;
- Ensure all users have the requisite security clearances, authorization, need-to-know, and are aware of their security responsibilities before granting access to the IS;
- Report all security-related incidents to the ISSM;
- Conduct periodic reviews of information systems to ensure compliance with the security authorization package;
- Serve as member of the CCB, if designated by the ISSM;
- Coordinate any changes or modifications to hardware, software, or firmware of a system with the ISSM prior to the change;
- Formally notify the ISSM when changes occur that might affect system authorization;
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and procedures are properly restored and functioning correctly;
- Ensure all IS security-related documentation is current and accessible to properly authorized individuals; and
- Ensure audit records are collected, reviewed, and documented (to include any anomalies).
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework and the JSIG/ICD503 Assessment and Authorization process.
- Knowledge and experience with common IA tools such as SCAP, NESSUS, and Splunk.
- Solid technical writing skills for security documentation
Director of Business Development - Information Technology
With a reputation for delivering creative and cost-effective programming within the workforce solutions industry, Brad is a results oriented, seasoned business development professional with Contract Professionals, Inc. He effectively leads the company’s IT Division, to deliver sophisticated IT talent to a diverse and growing client base.
Brad comes with 19 years of industry experience, working with some of the largest and most well respected international companies in the world. He possesses management oversight experience from a local to a national level; executing creative and complex workforce solutions to Fortune 15 - Fortune 5000 companies.
Brad enjoys connecting deserving job seekers to their desired professions.He’s successfully delivered 1000's of skilled candidates to hiring managers in the financial services, telecom, health care, education and aerospace/defense industries.
Brad is also an expert at client relationship development and management. He is known, industry wide for his ability and willingness to place a high value on client satisfaction. He does this by conducting regular audits of the workforce solutions he delivers to his clients. If there is a better or most cost effective way to do it, he’ll find it and deliver.
Brad is a true problem solver and long-term relationship builder, with a keen eye for talented human resources.
Brad grew up in a Phoenix suburb. When he is not working, he enjoys trying new sports & activities with his large family.