Inventory Control Specialist II
NO SUBCONTRACT REQUIREMENT:
No third-party applicants will be considered. If you are a third party contracting company, please do not respond to this position.
Description/Comment: SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Manage customer inventories in a manner consistent with the customer' s required service level and inventory turn objectives, while maximizing supply chain efficiencies. Coordinate customer order fulfillment to ensure customer expectations are met in cost effective manner. Facilitate problem resolution in the order fulfillment process through data analyses, system knowledge, supply chain knowledge, and resources.
• Provide customers with value added inventory management service. Represent client in positive and professional manner, as the one face to the customer buyer. Ensure accurate timely delivery of customer orders. Participate in providing cost effective order fulfillment.
• Manage superior customer service and inventories to desired level through in-depth technical knowledge, analyses, and review of systems and daily reports. Recognize and address impact of actions within supply chain to identify and resolve inefficiencies, within the customer team. Demonstrate ability to transfer technical and systems knowledge across similar customers or within the department.
• Follow the process established for successful stock replenishment and order fulfillment, while demonstrating understanding of tools and systems, and sufficient knowledge of Consumer Sales policies and procedures to maintain internal controls. Identify potential improvement opportunities, and work with Process, Systems, Consulting and Support Team to research and implement changes.
• Identify and communicate discrepancies in promotional forecasts with the Buyer, Business Development Manager and other internal supply chain functions. Continuously strive to provide information to improve sales forecasts through collaboration. Carefully manage promotional orders to minimize distribution costs.
• Maintain Order Fulfillment systems (Electronic Data Interface, Vendor Managed Inventory, or Co-Managed Inventory) and all files (Promotional information, customer processes and scorecards, customer information to ensure successful execution of customer requirements related to order entry and fulfillment. Provide support to team members to ensure success in meeting internal and external customer requirements.
• Provide superior service to internal and external customers with current information on products, stock availability and changes to orders, suggesting cost efficient alternative plans when orders cannot be serviced as requested. Build and maintain loyal relationships with customers through using effective communication and through offering customer solutions/options, as a result of effective problem solving.
Carl joined CPI in 2019. He currently works with defense and aerospace candidates, with a focus on military tactical vehicles. He also assists in placing engineers and information technology professionals nationwide.
From his time in the the military and the (commercial) civilian workforce, Carl has a wide range of work experience, including expertise in the diesel and shipbuilding industries. In particular, Carl's shipbuilding experience led to his work as a Test and Trials Area Manager for the Littoral Combat Ship.
His personal understanding of military education, as well as his firsthand knowledge of MOS and NEC designations, enables him to understand a candidate’s military experience and how that can translate to a civilian opportunity.
Carl retired after serving nearly 22 years in the United States Navy, both as enlisted and as a commissioned Naval Officer.
Carl was awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in Business Administration from Marquette University. He was also conferred a Master of Arts degree in Business Administration from the University of Rhode Island.
Carl has served on one of the smallest ships in the Navy, a Mine Sweeper, built out of wood in Wisconsin; to the largest ship in the Navy, a nuclear-powered aircraft carrier. During his career he circled the globe 3.5 times.
Outside of the office Carl enjoys fishing, hunting and camping. He admits that pulling a camper can be stressful, but the silence of the woods and lakes makes the trip well worth the drive.