Java Software Engineer
The successful candidate must be comfortable with working as part of a geographically diverse development team and with project leadership.
It is expected that the candidate has sufficient applicable experience with software requirements definition and tracking, coding in different development environments, proficient in the software development lifecycle and/or waterfall development lifecycle, and with the required tools and programming languages used on this project.
- Maintain existing application code base
- Define, design, develop, and test new features to application based on customer requirements
- Provide input related to testing modifications to application for quality assurance
- Interact with project managers, customers and users on technical matters
- Have flexibility with an aggressive schedule.
Mandatory Skills and Abilities:
- 3+ years of Java development in a Web based or client server environment.
- Experience with Gitlab and/or Bugzilla
- Firm grasp of relational data base concepts
- Excellent communication skills to grasp and explain complex technical matters
- Expertise and experience with Web Services
- Knowledge & experience with auxiliary technologies (XML, JSON, AJAX, etc.)
- Strong background in JSP and tag libraries
- Experience with SQL query language
- Expertise with Groovy & Grails application framework (preferred)
- Expertise with Gradle (preferred)
- Direct expertise with Oracle DB (preferred).
Education and background required:
- B.S. In computer science or software engineering
- Specific formal training in Java and/or web programming
- 4+ years of experience in Java development in a Web based or client server environment.
Cricket is on a mission to help her candidates meet their career ambitions. Cricket started at Contract Professionals, Inc. in mid-2017 as an Administrator and IT Talent Sourcer. Committed to advancement, she was quickly promoted to act as a Technical Recruiter in the Scottsdale, Arizona IT Division.
Cricket is delighted to be a member of the CPI team because of her team’s impeccable values and their commitment to providing exceptional service to both candidates and clients.
Cricket specializes in full life-cycle IT workforce solutions. She strives to be an unwavering advocate for her clients and candidates. To that end, she is driven to keep her focus on the business objectives and career goals of CPI’s clients and the candidates she represents.
Hailing from the deep south, she was raised in the great state of Texas where she spent 20 years in the credit reporting industry. She then moved to the beautiful Sonoran Desert in Arizona to be closer to her family.